Coupon Deals

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Patriotic Votives

I had some old jelly jars in my basement that had no lids.  I didn't want to throw them away because I knew I'd eventually use them for something.  July 3rd I was inspired!  I went to the dollar bin at Target and they had 3 packs of American Flags for half off!

I removed the flag from the sticks, and then decoupaged them onto the jars.  I had some sparkly garland in my basement so I added that to the top of the jars for some extra sparkle. They were cute when I had them finished...
They were still a little tacky from the decoupage, but it dried clear.
(Started this project at 10:30 p.m.!)

I had them on the deck and at our bonfire, I lit the votives that I put inside....

The turned out so cute!!

I'm thinking I may make some for other holidays!  Quick and really inexpensive!  

No comments:

Post a Comment