Coupon Deals

Monday, October 18, 2010

What's for dinner!

Here's the meal plan for this week!
I like things that I can make ahead and either keep in the fridge or the freezer for future use. My next favorite thing to do is to make an item that I can get a second meal out of later on in the week. This week's plan uses both!
Monday:
Teriyaki marinated pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole.
When tenderloin goes on sale for BOGO, I stock up! Aldi's makes a great teriyaki marinade that my family loves. The longer the tenderloin marinades, the better it gets! I'll either throw it on the grill or in the oven.
Tuesday:
Pork and bean enchiladas. (I use the leftover tenderloin and combine it with cheese, a can of refried beans and salsa and use this as the filling for the enchiladas. Put the filling into a tortilla and roll. Place rolls in a 9x13 baking dish. Cover with taco sauce and additional cheese or a jar of ragu alfredo sauce. That sounds really bizarre, but it is really good! (Discovered this when I ran out of taco sauce...it's a great alternative if you don't like spicy foods. It reminds me of the seafood enchiladas with white sauce that we used to get at Chi Chi's.)
Wednesday:
BBQ Chicken Pizza (Aldi's had their take and bake pizzas for $4.50!)
Thursday
Oven BBQ Chicken and potato casserole
Friday
Spaghetti and meatballs (Make a huge batch of meatballs....some for now and freeze the rest for future use!)
Saturday:
Chicken Club Ring (A Pampered Chef Recipe that I LOVE!!!) If you want the recipe let me know!
Sunday:
Chicken Wing Chili
I have another two bushles of apples that will hopefully be turned into some pies/apple squares for the freezer this week, along with more applesauce!

1 comment:

  1. Oh what's the chicken wing chili recipe? That sounds great!

    ReplyDelete