Coupon Deals

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Desperate times....

So, I've taken a sabbatical from desserts....yesterday marked 10 weeks without any treats, candy, desserts etc.  I was baking apple pies yesterday, apple sauce and apple tarts to put in the freezer and I was more than tempted to have a piece, but I didn't.  However, I couldn't get the thought of the pie out of my mind so I created the following.....Apple Pie Popcorn.  Weird right?!!!!  But don't judge till you've tried it, because I think I've found a way for me to keep on the wagon and still have the "taste"!

Air-popped Popcorn sprayed with "I can't believe it's not butter"
a pinch of brown sugar...a.small, frugal pinch!
cinnamon-about a 1/2 teaspoon
salt- a generous pinch

All combined, it had the pie spice elements and it was really good!  It was certainly no apple pie, but it was something that I will add to my repetoire of snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment